Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Scrapbook Bus Tour!

This tour was a lot of fun!  First off, there are 4 stores that are involved in this trip, each with a bus that leave from the home store, so there are 4 buses total wandering around Connecticut carrying 50 crazy scrapbooking women!  So here's the scoop...You pay a small fee at your local scrapbook store.  You arrive at your local store at 8am.  The store feeds you breakfast and lets you shop for whatever you want at a 20% discount (this discount is at every store on the tour).  From there, you board the big Peter Pan bus!  My goals today - not spend a ton of money but spend a little something in each store.


After you board the bus you are whisked away to scrapbook store #2.  There you shop for about an hour and half, again with the discount.  Our first stop was the New England Scrapbook Company.  Let me tell you, I loved this store!  It was big inside and laid out very well.  I would have loved to have spent more time here but we only had about an hour and a half.  I will go back to this store to explore it more.

They even had the cutest sign outside for us to take pictures!  Believe me, I was a happy scrapper!

 Next stop, Wiggles and Giggles!  This store was also very large and very bright inside.  The layout of the store made it very easy to not bump into people while you were trying to shop.  In addition, they also fed us lunch!  They had very tasty sandwiches, homemade pasta and potato salads, green salad, chips, and delicious brownies and chocolate chip bar cookies for dessert.  We were here for about 2 1/2 hours because we ate lunch.

Our final stop was papercraftclubhouse.  This store was much smaller but they had a lot of stuff packed inside the store.  I was able to pick up some pre-glittered tape for cards for my Mom.  I love it when I don't have to get glitter all over the place.  This store had a wonderful dessert buffet for us with coffee and tea too.  There was also a stamp store next door with an ice cream parlor inside.  Unfortunately it's still not the tourist season so the ice cream place was not open.  Cute store though.

Finally, you hop on the bus once again and end up back at your home store.  I don't know why (except that I'm blonde) but I didn't take a picture of my home store.  I guess I'll have to go back just to grab a picture.  Oh, and while I'm there I'll just pick up a bit of this and a bit of that....

Oh, and BTW...goals accomplished.  I spent about $150 between the three stores.  It was such a pleasure to spend time on the bus with these lovely ladies and have a good time.

Namaste.

No comments: