Sunday, May 06, 2012

Waiting...and cookies...

I think the interview went well.  But then again, it could have gone really well and the next candidate did really well +1.  So now it's a waiting game on the job.  There was another candidate that interviewed on Friday and another coming up tomorrow.  My understanding is that the department will be making a decision by the end of the week.  I'll be honest - really liked the school, the department, and the area (reminds me a LOT of Knoxville).  I'm hoping I get the call that they want me.  I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Today I decided it was time to finally use my new cookie scoop.  Oh, dear cookie scoop, how have I lived without you for this long?  Look at those perfect mounds of batter for smores cookies.  (I know, I know, my cookie sheets look horrible, but they bake excellent cookies!  They are the airbaked sheets and I can't seem to part with them).


And this is how these delicious cookies come out after baking.  I've eaten a couple (or three) and they are superb!  
Here's the recipe in case you'd like to try them yourself.

A funny thing happened yesterday when I was out walking Honor.  This blue car pulled up to the stop sign in front of us.  We were about 25 feet away from the stop sign.  All of a sudden the people in the car started yelling "Dr. Shroat-Lewis, we love geology!" as the car turned the corner and drove off.  Oh my goodness.  I laughed so hard.  Those crazy kids!!  Makes me very happy to know that some have enjoyed my class.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Beauty and the Scientist said...

Yummy cookies and students who love geology. A day well spent :)