Saturday, June 02, 2012

Here I Go Again...


Well, I got the job!  I am excited to have the opportunity to move out of the Northeast.  I have not been very happy up here.  I find it to be very dirty, depressing, and no one smiles.  What the heck is up with that?  I have made a couple of really good friends though, and I am going to be sorry to leave them.  But, we must move on.

Speaking of moving, I'll be leaving Connecticut before the end of the month.  My friend Mike, who lives in Little Rock and is a professor at UALR, is going to fly up to Hartford to help me drive to my new town.  We'll stop along the way in Knoxville to pick up all of my stuff in storage, before landing in Little Rock.  I'll put my stuff in storage there for a month.  During that time I will take care of Mike's house and cat for him.  He's going to teach field course out west for 3 weeks, so this will give me time to scout out the neighborhoods and find a place to live.  It also gives me the time to be picky, unlike when I moved to this God-forsaken place.  There are a few amenities I'm looking for - garage, dishwasher, laundry room, single-floor dwelling.  It would be nice to have a small fenced-in backyard for Honor.

Anyway, just wanted to spread the word to my friends, although I don't know how many still read this blog anymore.  I'll continue to post updates as they happen.

Namaste.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Rene! I am so happy for you. Good luck with your move.

Beauty and the Scientist said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope the move goes smoothly.

Rene said...

Thank you Lisa & Beauty! I am excited.