Saturday, June 09, 2012

June 2012 Birchbox...


I received my June BirchBox and all I have to say is "THANK YOU!"  Wow!  I am loving this box.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep BB because I just signed up for the new GlossyBox (which is $21/month), but this month has reinforced my original thought, that BB is pretty darn awesome.  So, my box weighed .5950 (for those who track such things) and contained the following items (see picture at top as well):

2 Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive towelettes
Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask
Stila One Step Bronze
theBalm Stainiac lip and cheek stain in Beauty Queen
Tili bag
John Varvatos Star USA cologne

I will definitely use everything in this box.  I have tried the self-tanning towelettes before (I think I got one in my first BB5 box) and really liked it.  The color spread nicely with the towelette.  I'd really consider buying these because I do not spread self-tanning cream very well.

The Masqueology mask is intended to reduce pore size and amping up skin moisture.  Sounds like fun.  I think I'll try this later tonight.  The directions say to keep it on your face for ~20 minutes.  Sounds relaxing.

At first I was thinking I might trade the Stila One Step Bronze, that was until I tried it on the back of my hand.  It is luscious!!  The swirl has bronzer, primer, and serum.  It goes on very smooth and covers well.  The color looks very natural, not orangy at all.  There is also a nice sheen to this product.  I love it!

The Stainiac is lovely!!  Lovely, I say!!  The color is very sheer.  I won't use it on my cheeks but will definitely use it on my lips.  Have I mentioned it's lovely?!

The Tili bag is, well, a ziploc bag.  I'm going to be traveling tomorrow and will probably put my makeup in here.  Otherwise, it's a ziploc bag.

The Star USA cologne is a mens cologne.  I think I will take it and give it to Mike since I'll be seeing him tomorrow.  I don't really wear a lot of perfume and I think he might like it.

Overall, extremely pleased with the June BB.  As long as their quality continues on this level then I will remain a customer.  For $10 a month it's a steal!

Namaste.

No comments: