Friday, June 08, 2012

UConn Dairy Bar...

I'm going to be headed out of town for a couple of days for a workshop.  Allison, who I've mentioned before, is going to take care of Honor for me.  I always like to try to say thank you.  Last time it was with cupcakes...this time I decided to head out to the University of Connecticut Storrs Dairy Bar.  The Dairy Bar is a part of the Department of Animal Sciences.  In the dairy barn (different than the Dairy Bar) they have cows that are milked daily.  This milk is then turned into ice cream and cheese and sold at the Dairy Bar.  Today was my first trip out there.  It's tucked away off the main road, well hidden from passing traffic.


Once you walk inside you are greeted by the nicest people.  They are students that are working at the Dairy Bar.  Everything is spotless!  It reminds me a lot of an old soda shop.
 

There are pre-packed half gallons of ice cream.  Today I bought 3 half gallons.  I bought one Strawberries & Cream and two Toasted Almond Amaretto.  I am taking one of each of those to Allison.  I know that's a lot of ice cream, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  It was $7 for a half gallon.  Well worth the price!
 

I also got a small (well, 3 scoops) of peach ice cream.  Let me just say that this is the best ice cream I have ever had in my entire life.  Ever!

 

I wish I'd known about this place before leaving.  Although, I'd probably weigh 1200 pounds if I had.  Seriously though, if you're ever out this way you really must stop at the UConn Dairy Bar.  You will be richly rewarded!

Namaste.

No comments: