Monday, August 20, 2012

Mmmm....pizza....

The other night I had some leftover italian sausage that I needed to use up.  I originally thought I'd make spaghetti, but I ran across the recipe for Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza as I was looking at my favorite cooking blogs on Saturday morning.  I've never tried making a deep dish pizza before, and I had all of the ingredients, so I figured "why not!"  I put together the dough and let it sit for 6 hours as outlined in the recipe.  I added the leftover sausage (cooked) to the pizza before baking.  It came out delicious!!  Here's a picture after baking:


And a side shot so you can see how thick this pizza is.


As you can see, I baked the pizza in my cast iron skillet.  It really did a great job.  I love my cast iron!!  Anyway, I highly recommend trying this recipe.  I know I'll be making it again.  You can find the recipe here.

Namaste.

No comments: