Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hillcrest Harvest Festival

Mike and I went to the Harvest Festival on Saturday.  What a great time!!  The weather was absolutely perfect for a day outside.  Hillcrest shuts down all of Kavanaugh Avenue for this event.  There were a lot of vendors selling jewelry - I had to really stop myself from buying anything because I've bought so much jewelry lately.

 

One of the first things we did was become a part of the Cheese Dip Contest!  For $2 you get to taste and vote on all of these cheese dips.  They were all very different.  My selected winner was #3, the ConcheeZtadors.  It had the perfect blend of cheese and spice for me.  Mike chose #2, the Cheese Dip Team.  What was so awesome about theirs was that they used ghost peppers, which you only feel at the last minute.  It was such a tough decision.  I still need to find out who won.


We also had a hot dog from Hot Dog Mike's and a taco from one of the vending trucks.  The taco was great!  Afterwards we headed to H.A.M. (Hillcrest Artisan Meats) and I picked up some lovely sausages that I'm going to use tonight in a new recipe I am trying.  This little store is awesome!  I really need to go here more often.  I also need to explore all of it's offerings a little bit more.  It was quite busy during the festival so I'll visit another time when there aren't so many people around.


Finally, while at H.A.M. I purchased the last of their mini key lime pies.  I ate the whole thing last night.  The pie crust was definitely homemade with just the right amount of salt.  The filling was delicious!  I am going to have to get another of these sometime soon.  Yea, I think this is one of my new favorite shops.


Hope you've had a great weekend!  Mine's not over yet!!  I have wonderful plans for this evening.  It's theater related.  I love the theater.  So excited!!!
Namaste.

No comments: