Thursday, September 20, 2012

Run, Rene, Run!

I have not stopped running since school started.  I seem to run from class to class, with a few brief stops in my office every day.  I am an early bird when it comes to starting my day at school, which is great, because it gives me about 2 hours of uninterrupted time in the morning to work.  But then, teaching starts and I end up becoming just a blur in the hallways as I run from class to class.  Don't get me wrong, I love every minute of it, but it can be exhausting.  It's also one of the reasons I've been neglecting my blog.  By the time I get home at night I am just too tired to write.

I wanted to share a few pictures with you that I took this past week.  I went shopping the other day and in front of the shoe store found this dead hummingbird.  I think he must have run into the plate glass window.  I felt so bad for this little guy.  I knew hummingbirds were small, but I didn't realize they were this small.  The colors on his/her feathers were just beautiful.  I felt so sad.  :(


On Monday morning I headed back to work and discovered that my name plate had been attached to the wall next to my office.  Guess it's official now!!  :)


And finally, today I had a bit of a rough day in class.  None of my videos would play (stupid internet) and I felt like I looked stupid in front of my students.  In both of my classes only about 50% of my students showed up today...so I gave a quiz!  Of course, the quiz was easy:  1.  What is your name.  2. Draw a heart, and 3) Who is the love of my life?  When I got back to my office and started grading the quizzes (5 points EC on their next exam) I discovered this little note.  It was something I really needed to see today.  It nearly brought tears to my eyes.


Hope all is well wherever you are.
I'll try to update a bit more frequently.
Namaste.

No comments: