Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My 2-Year Project...DONE!

As most people know, I love maps...and travel.  In fact, I collect globes and have a room in my house dedicated to places I've been.  I first saw this project here, and purchase the supplies almost immediately.  I have been trying to complete this project for a year and a half...yes, seriously.  I purchases all of the supplies before I left Knoxville.  Then I had to put everything in storage when I moved to Connecticut.  I decided this would be one of my first projects to complete now that I have moved to Little Rock.

Overall, I like the artwork.  However, there are a few things I'd change.  First - buy a map that isn't shiny!!  I don't really like the shine at all.  Next - figure out a way to glue the map down without causing bubbles between the canvas and map.  These bubbles are really irritating me and there is no way to get rid of them...grrr.  Mod Podge is not my friend....nor is the spray adhesive I bought.  Finally, I think I'd hang the pieces a little further apart from each other in the future, maybe an inch apart.  Maybe you wouldn't notice the slight errors in spacing so much.

All in all, I like it.  Hope you do too!
Namaste.

No comments: