Friday, November 02, 2012

My New Favorite Thing...

 A couple of weeks ago I joined a farmshare/meatshare.  Each week I pick up this huge bag of fresh veggies straight from the farm and picked that very morning.  One of the items I've received every week is kale.  A lot of kale.  I am so lucky in that I work with someone who also joined the farmshare and said "hey, want to try my kale chips?"  Instantaneously I was in love.  They are so easy to make, too. 
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).  Clean your kale by rinsing it under some cool water.  Strip the leaves off the stems and dry.  I use a salad spinner for this.  Cut or tear the veggies into bite-sized pieces and place on a cookie sheet.

Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the top and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice.  I quite like the spice blend above.  Bake for 10-15 minutes until chips are crisp.

Remove from baking sheet and place in airtight container.  They are delicious, and so healthy for you too.

Enjoy!
Namaste.

No comments: