Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend...

This Thanksgiving weekend has been really nice.  I've been working very hard at work with no real break time.  I'd had a couple of offers to spend the holiday with friends, but I just decided I'd really like to have the four days off to myself, to do things I've wanted to do.  I can't even begin to tell you how much this has rejuvenated me!  I feel like a completely new person.

On the night before Thanksgiving I put together the dough for these Soft Almond Sugar Cookies.  I couldn't wait to try these after finding the recipe online here.  Almond is one of my most favorite flavors!  Anyway, the next morning I pulled the dough out of the fridge and got to baking.  According to the recipe you should not bake for more than 8 minutes.  I tried that, really I did.  But the cookies came out completely undercooked.  My oven temperature is right on so I know it wasn't that.  I decided to bake for a bit longer and found that 10 minutes did the trick.  These cookies are really flavorful.  You should give them a try!

Namaste.

No comments: