Tuesday, July 30, 2013

5:2 Update...

Last week was not a good day for 5:2.  Even though I've been fasting my weight has been steadily increasing...just by a couple of pounds, but still moving in the wrong direction.  What I find is that if I decide to go off of 5:2 for several days then my body tends to kick back into burn mode.  So that's exactly what I did!  I had fasted on Monday and I decided to just take off the rest of the week and eat whatever I wanted.  The crazy thing is that the weight started to move back down again, and even went below where I was previously.  I probably wouldn't recommend this method for everyone, but it worked for me.  I'm back to fasting today and feeling good.

I also changed up my days to fast and do the C25k.  My running days are now MWF and fasting is on TTh.  I did this because you're supposed to run the C25k three times a week, so MWF seems appropriate.  The other reason is that on MWF I will be only teaching 1 class on MWF, and therefore can do my run as soon as the class is over.  Works for me!

It's not easy keeping sight of your goals...especially with so many delicious temptations around!  Tonight I am craving Mexican food...anything with corn tortillas!  So with that I am going to close and head to bed to read.  When I do that I forget about food.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Rene, I'm so proud of you for sticking with this. I really admire your determination (and need to get on board myself). Keep up the great work!!!