Monday, July 22, 2013

Fat Girl Running...

 

Today I started the C25k workout with day 1 of week 1...and I feel GREAT!!  Exhausted, but great.  I wanted to start this program a year or so ago, but you know that things come up and you just don't feel like doing it.  Yea, well that was me.  So I put it off and forgot about it.  But now I'm ready and I'd really like to accomplish this.

I haven't run for over 30 years.  And even when I was in the military I hated running, so I avoided it like the plague.  But something is clicking for me and I want to get more fit and healthier, so I decided to go for it today.  I am not going to lie - I was totally terrified and intimidated at the gym today.  Standing in front of the treadmills, talking to the cute girl on the treadmill next to me, was a young man.  I just felt like he stood there and stared as this fat girl tried to run.  But you know what, I thought "to heck with him" and I just did it.  I'm sure my boobs and my butt were just a jiggling along as I ran, but I didn't care.  He left a short time later, thank goodness.  

I didn't run hard, just a steady kind of jog during each of the 8 minutes.  I didn't want to go all out and possibly hurt myself.  I need to lift my feet a little bit higher when I run, but I'm still getting used to this and it's not easy to run at this weight.

Taking the day off tomorrow as per the rules of C25k, but I'll be back at it on Wednesday.  I'd really like to run a 5k!  There's a Color Run coming up in November.  Not sure I'll be up for it yet (will have to see how this running goes...remember, I'm fat and old), but it's my first goal.

Namaste.

No comments: