Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 2013 Birchbox...

I received my July Birchbox today.  I feel like Birchbox is trying to tell me something.  Every other box had some lovely makeup item - lipstick, nail polish, etc.  What did I get?  Face cream...correcting primer...hair stuff....ugh.  I would have enjoyed something with color.  Wait...what's that you say?  You see the "Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow" by Benefit sitting there?  Yea...okay, so it's color.  But here's the rub...it's the darkest shade they make!  This was made for a woman of color.  Now, look at the picture at the top of this page.  I think you'd agree with me that this color is a tad too dark...no?  Well, I can't review that product.  I have sent an email to Birchbox and hopefully they'll be able to send me another sample with a more appropriate shade.

From left to right:

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
- smells very nice.  Made my hair very soft.  However, I already have a product that I got in a previous Birchbox that I love, love, LOVE.  Sadly, I won't be buying this one, but I'd recommend it to others.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow!
- can't really review this one yet.  See rant above. :)

BENTA BERRY G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream
- has a nice scent and a nice feel to it.  The problem is that there seems to be an issue with the product after drying.  It balls up, so you end up with these little white balls on your face.  Makes it look like you're flaking off skin.  Hmm...not the daytime look I'm interested in.  Also, no sunscreen so not a good option for day use...and not thick enough really to be a good nightcream.

Nomaterra Eau de Parfum Fragrance Wipes
- One word....blech!

Pür Minerals Color Correcting Primer
- Felt like silk going on.  Not sure it's doing any correcting though...haha.

So that's my review.  Hopefully I'll get a better box next month.  This one was just off the mark for me.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Beauty and the Scientist said...

I was wondering what that brown stripe was on the box OMG!!! And funny thing is that if you tell them about it they will say "well items in the box were selected based on your profile".
Too funny.