Sunday, March 02, 2014

A Day of Rest...

A couple of months ago I made the decision that I was going to take Sunday off from having to get into the car and drive around to do errands or meet friends for movies, dinner, etc.  I wanted it to just be a day to myself.  What I find I've been doing though is working a lot on Sunday at the house.  Things like laundry, ironing, vacuuming, etc. have taken up my Sunday instead of going out.  I'm not finding this relaxing at all. 

This morning I was reading this article on Reclaiming a Day of Rest and found it to be exactly what I needed to hear.  If I'm going to say that "I Matter" and if I'm going to try to improve my health, I must be able to find this time in order to actually relax and recuperate.  I've decided that I'm no longer going to work on Sunday, and will only do things that I find relaxing and enjoyable.  I will not do anything that seems like work.

What about you?  Do you take a day of rest?
Namaste.

No comments: