Monday, March 03, 2014

Listening...

Last night we had another winter storm blow through the area dropping almost 2 inches of sleet.  Today school was canceled as a result of the icy roads.  I took today to turn off the TV and actually relax by following my advice from yesterday - taking a day of rest.  And that's exactly what I did.  I read a couple of chapters in my book, dozed a little in the late morning, crocheted a bit, and  did some yoga.  I promised myself that I wasn't going to do anything that felt like work (as they said in the piece I linked yesterday).  It was a nice day and I feel like I recuperated from the weekend.

School has already been canceled for tomorrow.  I'm waiting for my friend and PhD advisor to arrive tomorrow.  He's supposed to be giving a talk at school on Wednesday.  So, I'll get up and straighten the house while I wait for his arrival.  However, the theme for tomorrow will also be to take the day off from work.  I feel like these two days have been given to me for a reason.

Namaste.

No comments: