Saturday, November 29, 2014

Enjoy the little things...

Today I finished painting the last two outside doors (well, one is the back door and the other leads into the garage).  I really am loving the dark cavern color.  I need to take a breather on the home improvement projects though.  My trip to Machu Picchu and the Galapagos will need final payment soon and I have a few things that I would like to purchase before going on vacation.

Honor got a bath today at Petco.  She absolutely loves the crew there and they treat her so lovingly.  As a little thank you, I took a box of chocolate cookies to them with a little note from Honor, thanking them for always taking such good care of her.  They were so appreciative and everyone seemed happy to get chocolate covered cookies.  It's just a little thing but it made me feel good.

I have also started a batch of homemade bread this afternoon.  It's a new recipe for me and it has to sit for 12-18 hours before baking.  The prep time today ensures that I'll be able to bake it first thing in the morning and have lovely warm bread for breakfast...maybe with some buttery, cheesy scrambled eggs.
 

Be sure to be gentle with yourself as we head into this busiest of holiday seasons.  You are lovely and you should treat yourself as such...and others should treat you as such, too.

Namaste.

No comments: