Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Rimmel Reviews...

Hi Everyone!

Today I'm doing a review on two items I received in my influenster FrostyVoxBox...the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl eyeliner and the Just Let It Go Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.

So first...the eyeliner.  Liked this a lot!  It goes on smoothly without tugging at the eyelid.  I also like that you can use a lighter touch with this product.  This is a really dark black, which often washes out my blue eyes, so I like to go a bit lighter and make it more of a dark grey color.  This worked perfectly, and true to its name, it stays on all day!!  No flaking or any other product issues often associated with eyeliners.  My hooded eyelids make it difficult to see in selfies, that's for sure, but in addition to using it on my upper eyelids I also smudged it under my eyes.  I like it!


I figured that the make-up remover, which claims to remove waterproof mascara, probably would take off this eyeliner in nothing flat.  Boy was I wrong!!  I always like to test on the back of my hand and what I found was that I really needed to scrub the swatch of Rimmel eyeliner quite hard to get it off.  Not really sure I want to be doing that on my eyelids!  However, the remover did take off my eyeshadow without any problems.

So...my take on these two items.  I give the eyeliner two thumbs-up, and the make-up remover I give one thumb-up and one thumb-down, just because of the issue noted above. 

Namaste.

No comments: